Sunday, November 23, 2008

23rd of November 2008






In transit, waiting at one of Hong Kong's international airports. They are pumping out the Christmas carols already. I'm in a strange place. Ive lost all sense of time and when I'm supposed to be sleeping, every flight I catch the time changes its hard to keep up. It feels like I'm chasing time backwards across the world. This may possibly be the longest 23rd of Nov I ever have! Still its exciting, international flights have changed alot since I last flew, now days you get your own personal T.V set with a choice of so many different options.. I watched a documentary on African wildlife photographers, their work is amazing, not to mention time consuming. I have a love hate relationship with flying, I love to travel, but I hate turbulence. At times I felt like I was on a rollercoster. We had a couple of rough patches on the way to Hong Kong, but I suppose I'll get used to it all pretty soon. I'd better get used to it as I have over 16 hours of flying left! Thanks to a brief negotiation period with Australian immigration I was lucky enough to be able to catch up with my uncle Chris and cousin Emily who met me at the airport in Sydney. We had coffee and solved the worlds problems. Em has just gotten back from her own international adventures, they sound amazing, I really must hear her full story at some stage, she was looking great despite only getting home from town 3 hours earlier. Chris is his usual funny self, he cracked jokes until it was time for me to go and even gave me a kite to impress my African students with. Having never flown a kite, fingers crossed I can do it justice. Off to catch my connector through to Kenya and hopefully some sleep.

No comments: