Saturday, January 17, 2009

30th of December 2008

Last night we had stayed at a dingy den that backed onto a bar, where music was playing loud as you like. crazy characters of all sorts came and went, the place had a sleazy feel, with a managers smile to match, I hit my first game of pool in a long time to find I wasn't on form. it was a busy city with too much going on for me at that time.
Kampala! at long last we made it, it was late at night when we pulled up. The scenery was once again top notch, as we talked, bumped and slept our way back. We had managed to get all the parts for our car to temporarily piece it together yet the front still looked like it had been attacked by a meat grinder, at least it was an improvement from what it was, unfortunately despite all the hard work and money all the repairs would need to be replaced for new parts... Anyway we pitched in with costs and tried to move on. Even around this time of 8.30, without dinner and only a small lunch, Lawrence's first priority was to hit the local saloon for a shave and a cut. I finally gave in, my facial hair had become too itchy to handle, I also opted for a shave...
I came out a new man, its amazing how much a little hair on the face can change your appearance, I watched it all unfold through stages.. Castaway, filthy goatee, Tom Saleck moustache, to a man almost ten years younger. I was a little sad to see over a months hard fought growth swept up from the floor, but I figure that there is plenty of time left for another attempt. Time for some well earned rest as we look forward to New Years eve tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

Junket Photography said...

I knew your beard would get too itchy in that heat! haha good to hear you're having such an amazing time!

Courtney